Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Centre for Wellbeing Science
- Waters, L. (2013). Using positive psychology to foster character strengths and wellbeing in students. Forward Thinking: Emerging Answers to Education's Big Questions. Australian College of Educators, 28-36.
- Norrish, J. M., Williams, P., O'Connor, M., & Robinson, J. (2013). An applied framework for positive education. International Journal of Wellbeing, 3(2), 147-161. doi:10.5502/ijw.v3i2.2
- Slemp, G. R., & Vella-Brodrick, D. A., (2013). The job crafting questionnaire: A new scale to measure the extent to which employees engage in job crafting. International Journal of Wellbeing, 3(2), 126-146.
- Cooperrider, D.L. & McQuaid, M.L. (2013) The Positive Arc of Systemic Strengths: How Appreciative Inquiry and Sustainable Designing Can Bring Out The Best In Human Systems. Journal of Corporate Citizenship, 46, 71–102.
- Delle Fave, A., Brdar, I., Wissing, M. P., & Vella-Brodrick, D. (in press). Sources and Motives for Personal Meaning in Adulthood. Journal of Positive Psychology.
- Delle Fave, A., Wissing, M., Brdar, I., Vella-Brodrick, D., & Freire, T. (2013). Perceived Meaning and Goals in Adulthood: Their Roots and Relation with Happiness. In A. Waterman (Ed.). The Best Within Us. Washington DC: American Psychological Association. http://bib.irb.hr/prikazi-rad?lang=en&rad=537724
- Monshat, K., Khong, B., Hassed, C., Vella-Brodrick, D., Norrish, J., Burns, J., & Herrman, H. (in press). A conscious control over life and my emotions: Mindfulness practice and healthy young people. A qualitative study. Journal of Adolescent Health.
- Odou, N. & Vella-Brodrick, D. A. (2013). The Efficacy of Positive Psychology Interventions to Increase Well-Being and the Role of Mental Imagery Ability. Social Indicators Research, 110, 111-129.
- Page, K. & Vella-Brodrick, D. A. (in press). The Working for Wellness Program: Examining an Employee Well-being Intervention using RCT. Journal of Happiness Studies.
- Read, P. A., Stanley, J. R., Vella-Brodrick, D. A., & Griggs, D. J. (in press). Towards a contraction and convergence target based on population life expectancies since 1960. Environment, Development and Sustainability.
- Reed, J., Muller, J., & Waters, L. (2013). Importance of latent benefits and meaningful leisure activity in predicting quality of life in Australian retirees. Australian Journal of Career Development, 22,63-71
- Rickard, N. S. & Vella-Brodrick, D. A. (in press). Changes in Well-Being: Complementing a Psychosocial Approach with Neurobiological Insights. Social Indicators Research.
- Rusk, R., & Waters, L. (2013). Tracing the size, reach, impact and breadth of positive psychology. Journal of Positive Psychology, 8(3), 207-221.
- Seear, K. H. & Vella-Brodrick, D. A. (in press) Efficacy of Positive Psychology Interventions to Increase Well-Being: Examining the Role of Dispositional Mindfulness. Social Indicators Research.
- Vella-Brodrick, D. A. (2013). Positive Psychology interventions – Research evidence, practical utility and future steps. In C. Keyes (Ed.). Mental Well-Being: International Contributions to the Study of Positive Mental Health. Netherlands: Springer publishers.
- Vella-Brodrick, D. A. (in press). Integrity, Industriousness, Innovation and Impact: Guiding principles for the practice of positive psychology. (Chapter to appear in A.Parks-Sheiner, The Handbook of Positive Psychological Interventions. Wiley-Blackwell publishers). http://dx.doi.org/
- Waters, L., Briscoe, J., & Hall, D. (2013). Using protean career attitude to facilitate a positive approach to unemployment. In Melinda Coetez (Ed.) Psycho-social career meta-capacities: Dynamics of contemporary career development. Springer International Press.
- Yim, L & Waters, L. (2013). The role of interpersonal comfort, attributional confidence, and communication quality in academic mentoring relationships. Education Research and Perspectives: An International Journal, 40, 58-85.
Available online at http://web.education.unimelb.edu.au/assets/pospsych/Yim-Waters-_2013_The Role of Interpersonal Comfort, Attributional Confidence.pdf