Professor Wilfried Griebel
Wilfried Griebel, Dipl.-Psych. (Univ), has been working since 1982 as member of scientific staff of the State Insitute for Early Childhood Education and Research (IFP) in Munich, Bavaria. He started to work on fathers in different family structures and on families changing their structures, i.e. family transitions to post-divorce families and stepfamilies. As a psychological expert he dealt with cases of custody and access in families of divorce and foster families.Wilfried Griebel has done a lot of professional training for social workers, counsellors, judges and teachers, and has published, together with W.E.Fthenakis and other colleagues, on these topics. In the field of early childhood education, interaction between family and educational institutions especially the transition from family to Kindergarten and from Kindergarten to school have been empirically studied, together with Renate Niesel. The last study also is part of a current development of a new national curriculum that emphasizes coping with transitions of children and their families.
- transition from family to preschool (kindergarten)
- transition from preschool to school
- Griebel, W & Niesel, R. (2002) Successful transitions: Social competencies help pave the way into Kindergarten and School. Paper to be presented at 12th European Conference on Quality in Early Childhood Education „Strategies for effective learning in early childhood", Lefkosia, Cyprus, August 28 -31, 2002
- Griebel, W & Niesel, R. (2002). In Fabian, H. & Dunlop, A.-W. (Ed.). Transitions in the Early Years. Debating continuity and progression for children in early education. London: RoutledgeFalmer.
- Niesel, R. & Griebel, W. (2001). Transition to school child: What children tell us about school and what they teach us. Paper presented at the 11th European Conference on Quality on Early Childhood Education. Alkmaar, The Netherlands, 29 August - 1 September.
- Niesel, R. & Griebel, W. (2000): Start in den Kindergarten. Grundlagen und Hilfen zum Übergang von der Familie in die Kindertagesstätte. München: Don Bosco.
- Griebel, W. & Niesel, R. (2000): The children's voice in the complex transition into Kindergarten and school, Paper presented at 10th European Conference on Quality in Early Childhood Education "Complexity, Diversity and Multiple Perspectives in Early Childhood Services" , London 29 August - 1 September 2000
- Griebel, W. & Niesel, R. (1999): From Kindergarten to school: A transition for the family. Paper presented at the 9th European Conference on Quality in Early Childhood Education "Quality in Early Childhood Education - How Does Early Education Lead to Life-Long Learning?" in Helsinki, Finland, 1 - 4 September.
- Griebel, W. & Niesel, R. (1997): From family to Kindergarten: A common experience in a transition perspective. Paper presented at 7th European Conference on the Quality of Early Childhood Education "Childhood in a Changing Society", Munich, Germany, 3 - 6 September.
State Institute of Early Childhood Education and Research