(M.A. in Early Childhood Education, Warsaw University; Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology, Warsaw University) is a Senior Lecturer of Developmental Psychology and Early Education at the University of Bialystok, in Faculty of Pedagogy and Psychology, Department of Early Childhood Education. She has taught in University of Bialystok for the last 20 years in the field of Early Years Education (in Full- and Part-time Studies). She is Course Leader of post-diploma programme "Child Development Support in the Early Years" .She is Editor of Nowy Test (journal of psychology and education). She is the member of European Early Childhood Education Research Association and Society for Research in Child Development (USA).
- child development: developmental disharmonies and social development, mainly transitions in the early years and connections between process of early adjustment to new setting and later social behaviour
- Kienig A. (2001) Transitions in the early childhood – international perspective: Poland and Belarus. Paper presented at 11th European Conference on Quality in Early Childhood Education, Alkmaar /The Netherlands, 29.08 – 1.09.2001.
- Kienig A. (2000): Transitions in early childhood. Poster presented at 10th European Conference on Quality in Early Childhood Education,"Complexity, Diversity and Multiple Perspectives in Early Childhood Services", 29.08-1.09.2000r. London.
- Kienig A. (1999) Adjustment to preschool setting as a central social experience in the early years. Poster presented at Society for Research in Child Development Biennial Meeting, 15-18. 04. 1999r., Albuquerque, USA
- Kienig A. (1999): Adjustment to new setting in the early years: how to help children in this transition. Paper presented at 9th European Conference on Quality in Early Childhood Education, „How does Early Education lead to Life-Long Learning?", 1-4.09.1999r., Helsinki, Finland.
- Kienig A. (1998) Developmental disharmonies and adaptation of child to preschool setting. International Journal of Early Years Education, vol.6, nr 2 Summer 1998, pp.143-153 Trentham Books, England
- Kienig A. (1998) Behaviour disorders of children during adaptation process to pre-school setting. Paper presented at "Stress, Coping and Social Hardening Conference", Bia_ystok/Bia_owie_a, 11-13. 05.1998r
- Kienig A. (1998) Developmental disharmonies in early childhood, Paper presented at 8th European Conference on Quality of Early Childhood Education „Early Childhood Education: New Challenges, New Teachers", Santiago de Compostela/Hiszpania, 2-5.09.1998r.
- Kienig A. (1997) The child enters preschool setting. Poster presented at 7th European Conference on Quality in Early Childhood Education "Childhood in a Changing Society", Munich, Germany, 3-6.09.1997r.
University of Bialystock
Faculty of Pedagogy and Psychology
Department of Early Childhood Education
20 Swierkowa Str.
Ph: +4885 604 526 479