The minimum entry requirements for the Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship are:
- A completed undergraduate degree from an approved institution.
- Successful completion of the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT). TCAT is an online tool that helps us discover how well suited you are to teach. TCAT results are assessed as part of your application.
- Meeting English language requirements. Students who completed tertiary degree(s) over three years prior to course commencement may be able to meet the English language requirements by providing a Curriculum Vitae (CV) showing sustained work experience in an English-speaking environment.
- Previous study that satisfies the requirement for two learning areas from the modified list for the Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship. Note: The Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship has fewer learning areas available than the Master of Teaching (Secondary).
- Successful completion of a selection interview and short teaching demonstration.
- Permission to teach (PTT) granted by the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT). Note: Successful applicants will be notified when to apply for PTT. Note: Only applicants who are appointed as an intern to a teaching vacancy in a participating school will be made an offer of admission into the Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship.
Applicants are ranked based on academic merit as part of the selection process.
In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider all of the following:
- prior academic performance;
- the results of the TCAT;
- interview performance; and
- the teaching demonstration.
Visit our Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship course page to find out more and apply.