The Melbourne Graduate School of Education provides Inclusive Education Scholarship recipients from rural areas accommodation and travel funding support when studying the Master of Learning Intervention at the University of Melbourne.
To be eligible for this subsidy, the participant's school must be 100kms or further from the suburb of Carlton in the Melbourne area.
Schools can claim a subsidy of up to $150 for each day a student attends classes or intensives. This subsidises costs associated with accommodation, breakfast, travel and parking. For example, if a participant attends four intensive class days, the school can be subsidised for up to $600 (4 days x up to $150 per day).
- It is the responsibility of the student or the school to book and pay for accommodation and travel arrangements and then claim the subsidy.
- The claim must be made from the school and not the student.
- The bursary will be paid directly to the school (not the student) once a claim is received.
Claims for funding
- Claims must include tax invoices and receipts as supporting evidence of expenditure.
- Claims must be made within six months of attendance.
- All claims are subject to confirmation of attendance and evidence of expenditure.