Are you interested in learning more about trauma informed education and leadership? If so, please apply and enrol in the new single subject offering of Leading Schools Through Leading Self (EDUC90750).
1 Term (12-14 weeks)
$3,912 (assessed) | $3,132 (non-assessed)
Blended - On campus or online
- A four-year degree in education, or postgraduate diploma in the field of education, and
- At least two years of documented relevant professional experience
Applying under the Community Access program
|Subject code:||EDUC90750 (Leading Schools through Leading Self)|
|Assessed study mode:||NA-CAPPG|
|Non-Assessed study mode:||NA-AUDITPG|
The Faculty of Education is launching a new subject with a strong focus on trauma informed practice and leadership. Developed in partnership with leading trauma informed experts, Dr Tom Brunzell and Professor Helen Stokes will co-deliver this exciting new subject.
Participants will learn:
- to understand the impact of trauma on children learning and staff wellbeing
- how to use trauma informed relational practices in classroom and leadership settings
- how to implement and monitor whole-school trauma informed practices in an educational setting.
The subject is available in an assessed and non-assessed mode. If assessed is selected, practical work-based assignments will be completed and subject completion will be credited towards further study, including the Master of Instructional Leadership. Additional single subjects are available within the course including:
- Evidence for Learning and Teaching
- Leading Learning and Teaching
- Leading Assessment
For more information, please contact Dr Pauline Thompson