The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is looking for passionate and dedicated students to join the 2021 Graduate Ambassador Program. Ambassadors will participate in a range of events to help promote the courses MGSE offers including Open Day, photoshoots, information sessions, social media posts and webinars.
Why become a student ambassador?
- Share your student experience and course knowledge with others
- Enjoy networking opportunities with fellow students and staff
- Receive personal and professional development
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills
- Enhance written and oral communication skills
- Represent MGSE at University events
- Your participation in this program can contribute towards community- or volunteer-based scholarships
This is a volunteer-based opportunity designed to assist students in gaining work experience and valuable communication and leadership skills. While no financial remuneration is provided, successful applicants to the program will have access to free professional development, including communications training.
The Graduate Ambassador Program and associated training is recognised under the Leaders in Communities Award (LiCA). LiCA provides a framework for you to:
- record and reflect on your experiences and skills in a range of settings
- become active and engaged in your local and global communities, and
- develop employability skills needed for 21st-century workplaces.
By participating in LiCA, you will have an incredible opportunity to develop skills, build networks and gain work experience through volunteering, co- and extra-curricular activities while studying at the University of Melbourne.
Once you’ve completed the Award, it will be listed on your University transcript and Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement.
Meet 2020 Student Ambassador, Alejandra Bogado Tervit
Master of Education student, Alejandra is an active member of the MGSE community. Her participation in the Graduate Ambassador Program 2020 contributed to her winning International Student of the Year in the higher education sector at the Victorian International Education Awards.
Joining the Education Ambassador Program has allowed me to develop a sense of belonging to the MGSE community, make friends, and network with colleagues and staff. In addition, my leadership and professional skills were enhanced thanks to the training provided by the program, which allowed me to represent the MGSE professionally at various events.
Ambassadors will contribute a minimum of 15 hours of service or 6 events across a 12-month period. Participation is flexible and based around academic and other commitments. Alternative arrangements can be made for part-time students.
Who can apply?
We are looking for students from all courses offered at MGSE, including part-time students.
Teaching ambassadors must be enrolled at MGSE and have completed either:
- a minimum of one semester of study of a graduate-level education course (with a minimum 65% average), or
- an undergraduate degree at the University of Melbourne with a minimum 65% average.
All other students must be enrolled in any MGSE graduate course.
For more information about this program, please see the Position Description.
How to apply
- Complete the online application survey by 31 March 2021 to be considered.
Please note: This is a competitive program, so it is recommended to consider this application to be the same as a job application.
- Be available for interviews in April if you are shortlisted.
- Be available to start the role and attend an induction in late April.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Steph Do Carmo: firstname.lastname@example.org