The Mathematics Education Group's research aims to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Our research encompasses a broad range of areas, including:
- Algebraic thinking
- Catering for students requiring additional support with mathematics
- International comparative studies in mathematics education
- Lesson study
- Numeracy for immigrant and refugee children
- Online assessment of mathematical thinking (SMART tests)
- Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education
- Students’ engagement in mathematics education
- Students’ mathematical thinking, including decimals, fractions and algebra
- Symbol use at the secondary-tertiary education interface
- Teachers’ professional learning
- Teachers’ professional statistical literacy
- Technology in mathematics education: teaching, learning and assessment
- Values and valuing in mathematics education.