The Melbourne Graduate School of Education's Humanities and Social Sciences Education Group (HASS) advances knowledge of teaching and learning in the areas of philosophy education, history education, geography education, sustainability education, civics and citizenship education, and commerce education, including legal studies, business studies, economics and accounting education.
What we do
- High-quality research-based pre-service education for students who plan to teach in early childhood, primary and secondary school settings.
- Excellent in-service professional learning through work with schools, professional associations and education authorities.
- Supervision of research higher degree candidates in the Master of Education, Doctor of Education and Doctor of Philosophy programs.
- Shape curriculum and pedagogy in the Humanities and Social Sciences through provision of expert advice to state and national education authorities.
- Produce research that enhances teaching and learning in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Engage with wider society to promote teaching and learning in the Humanities and Social Sciences.