The Melbourne Graduate School of Education's Health, Outdoor, Physical Education and Sport (HOPES) specialist area team has a long standing and growing commitment to teaching, learning, research, and service to the community, across this broad learning area.
What we do as a team:
- Teaching: we design and conduct research-based teaching for pre-service and in-service teachers in early childhood, primary, secondary and tertiary education settings.
- Research: we design and produce research that enhances theory and practice in Health and Physical Education, and Outdoor Education.
- Professional Learning: we provide high-quality professional learning through work with schools, professional associations and education authorities.
- Graduate Research Supervision: we supervise graduate researchers in the Master of Education, Doctor of Education, and Doctor of Philosophy programs.
- Expert Advice: we shape curriculum and pedagogy in Health and Physical Education, and Outdoor Education, through provision of expert advice to state and national education authorities.
- Advocacy: we engage with individuals and groups beyond the university to promote teaching and learning in Health and Physical Education, and Outdoor Education.