The arts offer distinct and powerful ways of experiencing, representing and making meaning of the world. They make a significant contribution to education where learning can occur ‘in’, ‘through’, ‘with’ and ‘about’ the Arts. The Arts Education team are committed to ensuring quality arts education is provided and accessible to all learners in all contexts.
We are a vibrant and curious group with wide and diverse interests across teaching, research and engagement. Our philosophy is underpinned by a focus on:
- creative and innovative pedagogies and curricula
- student-centred, reflective learning
- collaborative, multimethod and multidisciplinary approaches to research
- engagement and learning in diverse community contexts and settings
- inclusive and sustainable arts education across policy development.
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
100 Leicester Street
Parkville, VIC 3010