Guaranteed Entry provides recent University of Melbourne undergraduate students a pathway into the Master of Teaching based on their academic achievements.
Students who are eligible for Guaranteed Entry have the opportunity to secure early admission into the Master of Teaching and domestic students are assured a Commonwealth Supported Place.
Visit Become a Teacher to learn more about our Master of Teaching courses.
To be eligible for guaranteed entry you must meet all conditions outlined below:
- Have completed a University of Melbourne undergraduate degree OR University of Melbourne undergraduate degree and honours year. In both instances, the Master of Teaching must be commenced within 18 months of completing your undergraduate degree.
- Have achieved a weighted average mark (WAM) of 65% or higher over the course.
- Not have undertaken any other graduate study.
- Meet the minimum course entry requirements:
- an undergraduate degree; and
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) applicants must satisfy two learning area study requirements.
How to apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria, we will identify you as a guaranteed entry applicant when we assess your Master of Teaching application.
1. Complete the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool
All applicants are required to complete the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT) prior to submitting their course application.
2. Submit a course application
Submit an online application directly to the University of Melbourne using your student number (current or previous student) and you will be considered for guaranteed entry when your application is processed. If you are not eligible for guaranteed entry, your application will be assessed under the normal course entry standards.
Have an enquiry?
If you have a question about the Master of Teaching or the conditions of guaranteed entry, enquire now.