Study the Master of Teaching (Secondary) at Melbourne Graduate School of Education and become a highly effective teacher with specialist knowledge in two learning areas.
In this course you will complete 200 points of study over two years full-time, or you have the option of accelerating your studies to complete the course in 18 months.
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution.
- Previous study that satisfies the requirements for two learning areas.
All applicants must also:
- meet English language requirements, and
- complete the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT) prior to applying. TCAT results are assessed as part of your application.
The Master of Teaching (Secondary) will enable you to apply for provisional registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) as a secondary teacher.
If you intend to teach outside Victoria, we recommend you check registration requirements with the relevant body.
You may also choose to pursue a career in a related field, such as:
- policy formation
- education research
- assessment and evaluation.
I gained an understanding of the range of abilities you encounter in every classroom. Learning how to identify and target my teaching towards each student’s readiness to learn has proven an invaluable part of my teaching practice.