Foster your understanding of leadership and management theories and practice across the education sectors and systems.
Designed for those seeking specialist qualifications for advancement into middle and senior positions, the Leadership and Management specialisation integrates practical knowledge, conceptual frameworks and state-of-the-art research with a global perspective.
Please note: this specialisation is available within the Master of Education, and is not a separate course. The regular Master of Education CRICOS code applies.
This specialisation is structured to meet the needs of educators working in a range of government and non-government settings, including:
- Early childhood education and care
- Vocational education and training (VET) institutions
- Tertiary education
- Workplace training contexts.
Upon successful completion you will be equipped with:
- A better understanding of current issues and challenges in education leadership and management, including curriculum reform
- A national and global perspective on education leadership and management
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas, concepts and models related to leadership and management issues in educational settings.
Sample course plan (full-time)
Students with 100 points of advanced standing enter in year two.
Understanding Education in Context
Local Literacies in Global Contexts
Education Policy and Reform
Globalisation and Education Policy
Resilience and Relationships
The Student as Learner
Personal and Interpersonal Leadership Skills
Leading a Learning Community
Managing Educational Organisation
Leading the Educational Organisation
Curriculum Leadership and Management
Marketing and Innovation in Education
Leading for Teacher Quality
School Effectiveness and Improvement
Research Methods in Education
Education Capstone Research Project
- Core subject
- Specialisation core