Why is the learning area assessment criteria for the Master of Teaching (Secondary) and Master of Teaching (Secondary) slightly different in some cases?

Successful applicants for the Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship must obtain Permission to Teach (PTT) from the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT), which can be more strict with learning area assessments. Students who are unable to receive PTT will have to terminate their employment with the placement school and withdraw from the course. As a result, we must ensure all students qualify for two learning areas based on the PTT requirements prior to being invited to an interview.

For an assessment of your eligible learning areas or more information, please contact mgse-admissions@unimelb.edu.au.

Visit our Master of Teaching (Secondary) course page to find out more and apply.

Learn more