I don’t have enough subjects to be eligible for one of the learning areas I want to teach, what should I do?

Students can meet learning area requirements by enrolling in single-subject study through the University of Melbourne's Community Access Program (CAP). Domestic students are eligible for the fees of these subjects to be deferred to a FEE-HELP loan through Enabling Study (more details below).

Alternatively, students can enrol into a graduate certificate or graduate diploma in order to complete the relevant subjects at the University of Melbourne or another higher education institution.

We recommend contacting us with the subjects you intend to enrol into for a provisional learning area assessment to ensure that the subjects will be eligible for the learning area.

Please note that confirmation of eligibility does not guarantee an offer of a place. As part of the selection process, eligible applicants will be ranked by our Selection Committee according to prior academic performance and the results of the Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT) selection test. Applicants to the Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship must also meet additional entry requirements.

Visit our Master of Teaching (Secondary) course page to find out more and apply.

Learn more