John and Eric Smyth Travelling Scholarship (Alumni) 2024
Are you Alumni of MGSE, working in the field of education and keen to further your knowledge and expertise in the field through an overseas opportunity?
The prestigious John and Eric Smyth Travelling Scholarship supports recipients who show potential as a researcher or teacher and who, in the opinion of the University, can enrich the teaching profession and the work of the school by study abroad. The Alumni scholarship can cover travel, accommodation and tuition fees for short programs of 1-2 weeks through to two years.
You can apply to use the scholarship in a variety of ways:
- to support a study program overseas to study education and allied subjects at a university
- study education systems at work through a study tour
- study a subject or problem which is directly related to the work of a teacher, or which will help in the advancement of education
- take a professional development course/program that relates to your work as a teacher
The value of each scholarship can vary from $AUD 1,000 - $100,000 and is dependent on the circumstances, duration of time overseas and nature of enquiry of the recipient, and will be determined by the selection committee. When applying you will complete a budget which indicates how much your chosen program will cost and the funding you seek.
The next round of applications will open on 1 September, 2023 (closing 31 October) with a view to being awarded late December 2023 or early January 2024.
If you are:
- under 30 years of age
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- alumni of the University (or soon to become alumni)
- keen to make change through education
*Full details regarding eligibility are available from the Scholarship page.
Want to learn more?
For full details and to access the application visit the John and Eric Smyth Travelling Scholarship (Alumni) page.