Become a Teacher
Early Childhood, Early Childhood & Primary, Primary and Secondary
Study teaching at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education and gain the tools you need to excel as a teacher in early childhood, primary or secondary settings.
96% graduate employability*
No.1 University in Australia for Education^
Practical classroom experience
Ongoing teacher support
A teaching degree from the Melbourne Graduate School of Education is like no other. We bring together theory and practice in a way that gives you powerful insights into young people and how they learn.
We are the only university in Australia to offer a teaching degree that employs a genuine evidence-based teaching framework.
Our unique partnership model with schools means that you:
- become an active member of a school or early childhood community early in your studies
- gain valuable work experience in schools and early childhood education settings
- connect what you learn at university with what you learn while teaching
- receive high-level support from practising teachers and university staff
- develop the skills to assess and diagnose students’ individual learning needs and tailor your lessons accordingly.
Meet our students
Get to know some of our teacher candidates and why those chose a career in teaching.
Fikan Rizavi | Student | Master of Teaching (Early Childhood & Primary)
Sienna Ahn | Student | Master of Teaching (Secondary)
Anastasia Betts | Student | Master of Teaching (Secondary)
Sin Sin Ooi | Student | Master of Teaching (Primary)
Isabella Barker | Student | Master of Teaching (Secondary)
Ian Scott | Student | Master of Teaching (Primary)
Ruth Blair | Student | Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship
Phoebe-Mae Edwards | Student | Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship
^QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021: Education
*Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT), Graduate Outcomes Survey 2018-2020