MGSE Student Ambassador program
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is looking for passionate and dedicated students to join the 2022 MGSE Student Ambassador Program.
Ambassadors will participate in a range of events to help promote MGSE courses including Open Day, photoshoots, information sessions, social media posts and webinars.
Why become a student ambassador?
- Share your student experience and course knowledge with others
- Enjoy networking opportunities with prospective and fellow students and staff
- Receive personal and professional development
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills and enhance written and oral communication skills
- Represent MGSE at University events
- Your participation in this program can contribute towards community or volunteer based scholarships
This is a volunteer-based opportunity designed to assist students in gaining work experience and valuable communication and leadership skills. While no financial remuneration is provided, successful applicants to the program will have access to networking opportunities, free professional development including communications and public speaking training... and free University of Melbourne merchandise!
Ambassadors will contribute a minimum of 12 hours of service or 4 events across a 12-month period (dependent on course duration). Events may be online or on campus. Participation is flexible and based around academic and other commitments. Alternative arrangements can be made for part-time students.
Ambassadors participate in marketing, recruitment and alumni events and activities such as:
- Open Day, prospective student information sessions and Pre-Semester programs to speak about their studies and transitioning to life at Melbourne
- Talking about their discipline learning experience at future student events including webinars, expos or presentations
- Assisting with activities for prospective students to promote the disciplines of MGSE
- Contributing to social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Participating in photo and video shoots as required.
Who can apply?
We are looking for students from all courses offered at MGSE, including part-time students.
Student Ambassadors must be enrolled at MGSE and have completed either:
- a minimum of one semester of study of a graduate level education course (with a minimum 65% average), or
- an undergraduate degree at the University of Melbourne with a minimum 65% average
For more information about this program. please see the Position Description.
How to apply?
- Complete the online application survey and email your CV to email@example.com by 8 April 2022 to be considered.
- Be available for interviews in April if you are shortlisted
- Be available to start the role and attend an induction in late April-early May
Please note: This is a competitive program, so it is recommended to consider this application the same as a job application
If you have any questions about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet past Student Ambassador, Alejandra Bogado Tervit
Master of Education student, Alejandra is an active member of the MGSE community. Her participation in the Graduate Ambassador Program contributed to her winning International Student of the Year in the higher education sector at the Victorian International Education Awards.
Joining the Education Ambassador Program has allowed me to develop a sense of belonging to the MGSE community, make friends, and network with colleagues and staff. In addition, my leadership and professional skills were enhanced thanks to the training provided by the program, which allowed me to represent the MGSE professionally at various events.