Competency Based Education Professional Development for Teachers of Primary and Secondary Education (for the Vietnamese Ministry of Education)
The Assessment Research Centre (ARC) were contracted to provide professional development workshops for teachers of Primary and Secondary Education in Competency Based Education. ARC held two separate workshops on ‘Understanding CBE’ and ‘Assessing CBE’.
The workshops introduced a competency-based approach to teaching/learning and assessment to improve Vietnam’s educational outcomes and to equip the future generation of students with the competencies needed to prosper. This project will have a beneficial impact on Vietnam as it will create a cascading effect and provide system-wide changes to the country.
The projects anticipated impact is as follows:
- Core trainers: 200 core lecturers from Universities of Education in Vietnam who will be instructed by teaching experts from UoM.
- Peer Trainers: 1,000 lecturers from Universities of Education who will be instructed by the Master Trainers.
- Core Teachers: 36,000 core teachers who are currently teaching at Primary, Lower Secondary and Upper Secondary schools
- Teachers: 1,000,000 teachers nationwide
The workshops were successful and received wide media coverage throughout the country. This project demonstrated our commitment to improving education globally, created a strong linkage with Vietnam, within UoM and has established UoM a focus in the importance of as a leader in Competency-Based Education.
- Professor Sandra Milligan, Project Director
- Dr. Cuc Nguyen, Project Lead
- Megan Collins
- Dr. Jason Pietzner
- Angela Pollock
- Marina Kociski
Funded by the World Bank and completed for the Ministry of Education and Training in Vietnam.