History of Education Conference
Date: 6 - 8 December 2014
Time: 12pm - 6pm
The 2014 conference of the Australian and New Zealand History of Education Society will be hosted by The University of Melbourne.
The conference theme is 'Knowledge, Learning and Expertise', with keynote speakers, Professor Lyn Yates (MGSE) and Professor Ines Dussel (CINVESTAV- IPN, Mexico) Papers exploring, but not confined to, the following issues are encouraged
- Changing understandings of knowledge and expertise in the history of education
- Historical curriculum wars
- Specialisation and the 'expert'
- Faith-based educational institutions
- Gender and educational systems
- Historically under-represented populations
- Diversity, cultural and linguistic value systems and education practices
- First Peoples
- Technologies and their impact on knowledge, teaching, learning and