Professional staff redesign (PSR) Phase 1 staff changes
- Implementation of the Professional Staff Redesign (PSR) Phase 1 Change Plan continues.
- The following staff members have moved to Business Services; they remain embedded in, and dedicated to MGSE:
- Olivia Stocks (Facilities/ IT)
- Pina Failla (Facilities)
- James Vassilopoulos (OHS)
- Pian Zhang (BA)
- Allan Whitley (Finance)
- Post-Award Financial Support is now provided by Kushani Karunaratna
Office of the Dean
The Office of the Dean welcomed Barbara Johnson to the team this week. Barbara was recently appointed Executive Assistant (EA) to the Deputy Dean and School Executive Director. Barbara joins Michelle Tonissen (Executive Administration Officer, Academic Groups) and Stephanie Watson (EA to the Dean) to form the new administrative support arrangements.
Visit the Office of the Dean team page for more information.
Jenny Lowe has been appointed Acting Manager, Teaching Services. MGSE will not fill the Manager, Teaching Services role until the PSR phase 2 consultation is completed.
MGSE Annual and Triennial Academic Performance Reviews postponed
The completion of MGSE Academic Annual Performance and Triennial Reviews have be postponed until 30 May 2021. This is due to a range of research and teaching pressures, such as the re-accreditation of the MTeach.
If you have not done so already, can you please commence discussions with your staff/supervisor. The People & Culture (P&C) team will be available if any staff or supervisors need additional assistance or questions you may have in relation to the Academic Careers @ Melbourne system.
To access Academic Careers @ Melbourne:
- Log in to the Academic Careers @ Melbourne portal
- Click on 'HR Applications' and follow the links to the Academic Careers dashboard of your choice.
How to Guides are located under the Performance Development Framework link including:
- How to Guide for Academics
- How to Guide for Supervisors and Department Administrators
- Find answers to your questions by viewing the Frequently Asked Questions
Contact HR Assist using the General Enquiry form or call +61 3 9035 4000 (option 1.1)
Staff Development 2021
Please note there is no cost for the following courses, all courses are offered virtually, please enrol via TrainME:
Training for managers
- Manager Essentials (1x1.5hr + 2 x 1hr) 12 and 13 July
Provides new managers with the fundamentals of managing at the University, strategies, priorities, manager role in the employee lifecycle and information to be successful.
Training for all staff
- Pride in Action Ally Training (2hr) 9 June
Explores the role allies play and how they can make a difference, how to respond to negative commentary, address questions, concerns and experiences as an ally.
For any enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org