In this issue:
- Student Support
- Fullbright Scholarship 2022/2023
- What does the future of work look like at UoM?
- Milk deliveries resume
- Implications of post-truth conditions for education
- University influenza vaccination program
- Teaching and Learning Conference 2021: Registration now open
- A program of work is under development to upgrade the reception area on the ground floor at KLD. The reception counter will be replaced with a new student study / seating zone.
- While this work is underway, access to the area will be restricted, although the screens are unlocked and staff can walk through the area if they need to access the small meeting rooms at the back of the reception area.
- KLD is relatively quiet at the moment and there are many rooms available to use if you are looking for a space to take students for a private conversation.
- Alternatively, Susie Reay, MGSE’s Student Wellbeing Officer, has a small room behind her desk where you can bring students.
- Please call Susie on 8344 8437 if you need assistance.
Fullbright Scholarship 2022/2023
Fulbright is a foreign exchange scholarship program of the United States of America, aimed at increasing binational research collaboration, cultural understanding, and the exchange of ideas. Fulbright Australia offers scholarships across all disciplines and career stages (postgraduate, postdoctoral, academics and professionals).
Applications close 6 July 2021.
Fulbright Australia are holding a special scholarships webinar 19 May at 2:00pm AEST to provide in-depth application advice.
Register via: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_GbcmdS1sRgGk2QDCtu7USA
Application mentorship may also be available. Register interest via: email@example.com
More information: https://www.fulbright.org.au/
What does the future of work look like at UoM?
What does the future of work look like at UoM? ‘Beyond COVID Normal’ is exploring staff experiences, perceptions and expectations about how we work at the University. All staff and campuses.
Milk deliveries resume
Milk deliveries have resumed. Deliveries are scheduled every Tuesday to the fridges in 100 Leicester Street (Levels 2, 4–9), and the ground floor of Kwong Lee Dow.
For further information or enquires please contact Michelle Tonissen, Executive Assistant Officer Academic Groups.
Implications of post-truth conditions for education
Dr Christopher McCaw from the Social Transformations and Education Research Hub is seeking teacher educators to participate in a research project exploring the implications of post-truth conditions for education.
Download the flyer for more information.
University influenza vaccination program
The 2021 influenza vaccination schedule will begin in mid-April. Eligibility criteria and booking information is available on the program website. For any enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching and Learning Conference 2021: Registration now open
Registration for the Teaching and Learning Conference 2021, which will be held online from Tuesday, 1 June to Wednesday, 2 June, is now open.
The theme is Transitioning to COVID-normal: Creating a New Learning Ecosystem.
To register and view the full program, visit: