Revised membership to the MGSE Executive
The MGSE Executive has been considering options for extending its membership to ensure a greater level of representation, diversity and inclusiveness.
At its meeting on 9 June, the Executive agreed to expand its membership to include Assistant Deans:
- Assistant Dean, Diversity & Inclusion
- Assistant Dean, Graduate Research
- Assistant Dean, Indigenous
From 23 June 2020, the membership of the MGSE Executive will be as follows:
- Dean, Prof. Jim Watterston
- Deputy Dean, Prof. Janet Clinton
- Professoriate Representative, Prof. Lindsay Oades
- Associate Dean Research, Prof. Sophia Arkoudis
- Associate Dean Learning and Teaching, Assoc. Prof. John Quay
- Associate Dean International, Prof. Lorraine Graham
- Associate Dean Engagement, Assoc. Prof. Suzanne Rice
- Assistant Dean Indigenous, Dr Melitta Hogarth
- Assistant Dean Diversity and Inclusion, Dr Jessica Gerrard (with Dr Richard Sallis acting from July 2020 – December 2020)
- A/g Assistant Dean Graduate Research, Assoc. Prof. Kylie Smith (Assoc. Prof. Shelley Gillis returning in August 2020)
- Manager Strategy, Planning and Resources, Phil Tudor
- Executive Director, Keryn Negri
- Secretariat, Stephanie Watson
HR Assist - email inbox closure
From 1 July 2020 the following HR Assist email addresses will close to internal incoming emails and will no longer generate service request tickets.
The email addresses closing are:
To submit a request or enquiry to HR Assist, please use the ServiceNow form.
TrainMe: Working from home safely and effectively
There is a now a new module ‘Working from home safely and effectively’ available on TrainME.
This module provides a range of information and resources to assist staff in working from home, from setting up home workspaces to practices to assist with well-being, connection, establishing habits and understanding expectations.
There is also a pdf link at the end of the module to capture all the resources referenced. To access the module go into TrainME>Learning Catalogue and search ‘Working from home’
Income Statements will be available via MyGov
In 2020, the Income Statement has replaced the annual PAYG Payment Summary. The University will submit all the details of your Income Statement to the ATO by 14/07/2020 via Single Touch Payroll reporting, as per ATO requirements. The Statement is produced by the ATO and is only available via your myGov account.
You can view your Income Statement for the 2019/2020 financial year in your myGov account. Online access via MyGov is the quick and easy way to obtain your Income Statement.
If you don’t already have a MyGov account, you can create one.
MDP - Manager Essentials will now be conducted via Zoom (3 x 1 hr Webinar), the next available session is 23-24 June, please enrol via TrainME.
Capability Development will be hosting the LGBTI+ Employee Awareness Briefing via Zoom on the 21 July, please enrol via TrainME.
For an enquiries conact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Q and A sessions on assessment
Date: Tuesdays and Thursdays
To support staff in (re)designing their assessment, the Melbourne CSHE is offering weekly virtual office hours with an assessment expert who will discuss alternative assessment options and answer assessment-related questions. These are curriculum-oriented sessions designed to complement the more technical and design-oriented sessions offered through Learning Environments.