MGSE Media Mentions
Professor William Locke in 'Reviews can guide significant reform to overall policy' (subscription required) – The Australian, 5 February 2020.
Dr Christopher T.McCaw in ‘Would you like ethics with that? The possibilities and risks of (Mc)Mindfulness in schools’ – EduResearch Matters, 10 February 2020.
Dr Jon Quach in ‘1 in 5 kids start school with health or emotional difficulties that challenge their learning’ – The Conversation, 13 February, 2020
Dr Peggy Kern in
- ‘How to be a healthy user of social media’ – Over 60, 13 February, 2020. NB republished from The Conversation, originally published 16 December, 2016
- ‘Navigating occupational landscape just became a little easier’ – The Saturday Age, 22 February 2020
Professor David Clarke in ‘Video-based educational research: Remembering David Clarke’ – The Sector, 17 February 2020.
Associate Professor Larissa McLean Davies, Dr Sarah E. Truman and Dr Lucy Buzacott in ‘The enduring cultural cringe about teaching Australian literature’ – Pursuit, 17 February 2020.
- Republished in The Mandarin – 18 February 2020.
Associate Professor Martin Davies in ‘Our business leaders must think critically’ – Pursuit, 18 February 2020.
Dr Justin Coulson from the Centre of Positive Psychology was interviewed on ABC Radio Perth where he shared why young adults struggle to open up. He mentions he surveyed young women by using well-being measures and recording the frequency of their phone use. He found that the respondents have a problem with vulnerability and discusses the root of the problem – ABC Radio Perth, 22 February 2020.
- Scaling effective practices in schools, Teacher Magazine, 17 February 2020.
Early Childhood education
- Quality childcare has become a necessity for Australian families, and for society. It’s time the government paid up – The Conversation, 16 February 2020.
- Less is more when it comes to children’s toys and quality play time, expert says – ABC, 17 February 2020.
- New grants to upskill early childhood workforce – Mirage News, 17 February 2020.
- Here’s what happens when NAPLAN becomes more than an education tool, The Age, 16 February 2020.
- Younger teachers giving away the job amid shortage concerns (subscription required), Herald Sun, 17 February 2020.
- Universities brace for lasting impact of coronavirus outbreak – Times Higher Education, 17 February 2020.
- Coronavirus: don’t bail out ‘reckless’ campuses, Australia told – Times Higher Education, 18 February 2020.
- Australian unis may need to cut staff and research if government extends coronavirus travel ban – The Conversation, 20 February 2020.
- Australia relaxes coronavirus travel ban to allow some students from mainland China – The Guardian, 22 February 2020.
Lecture recordings mean fewer students are turning up – does it matter? – The Conversation, 24 February 2020.