University of Melbourne Network of Schools (UMNOS) mentioned in 'Schools doubles state average in reading scores', The Educator, 5 September 2018.
Professor Fiona Stanley AC on ABC Radio with presenter Libbi Gorr about the Australian National Development Index (ANDI) project and her long standing career in health, 16 September 2018.
Professor Emeritus Richard Teese in 'Enrol Now: footy ad campaign aims to woo parents to state schools', Sydney Morning Herald, 17 September 2018.
Laureate Professor John Hattie on ABC Radio about the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) and other criteria which should be part of entering the Australian Higher Education system, 18 September 2018.
Dr Margaret Williams Weir in 'First Aboriginal Australian university graduate', Ascension, 18 September 2018.
'Teacher: NAPLAN makes our kids feel like they're not good enough' (subscription required), Herald Sun, 22 September 2018.
Dr Julia Cook, Dr Jenny Chesters and Associate Professor Hernan Cuervo in:
- 'What do Gen X and Gen Y worry about most? Climate Change', Pursuit, 18 September 2018
- 'Concern about climate change unites Gens X and Y – report', Melbourne Newsroom, 19 September 2018
- 'Youth reveal their top concern in national survey', The Educator, 19 September 2018
- 'Concern about climate change unites Gens X and Y', Phys.Org, 19 September 2018
- 'Climate change tops the concerns of Gen X and Gen Y', Open Forum, 20 September 2018
- The latest Life Patterns report shows Generations X and Y are mainly concerned about climate change, 2MCE Orange, 21 September 2018.
- 'Climate change concerns unite Gens X and Y', Futurity, 24 September 2018
Dr Peter Woelert in 'Day of Personalised medicine' (in German), Federal of Ministry of Education and Research, 24 September 2018.
Professor Emeritus Brian Caldwell on radio:
- Interview with Olivia Peterson about testing in schools, 6PR Perth Drive, 24 September 2018.
- Interview about how the Federal Government should leave education up to the states and territories, i98 FM Wollongong, 24 September 2018.
- Interview on the topic of NAPLAN testing and how the aggressive bureaucratic control is to blame for falling education results, WAVE FM Wollongong, 24 September 2018.
- Education advocates calling upon the Federal Government to relax their involvement in schools, 2GB Sydney, 24 September 2018
- Interview on the topic of NAPLAN testing and how the aggressive bureaucratic control is to blame for falling education results, ZINC FM Sunshine Coast, 24 September 2018
- Leading education expert calling on the Federal Government to give states and territories full control of school education, 2CC Canberra, 24 September 2018
- Professor Emeritus Brian Caldwell claims Australian kids are bring over-tested, 2SM Sydney, 24 September 2018.
- Advocates are calling on the Federal Government to relax their involvement in schools, 2BH Broken Hill, 24 September.
- Professor Emeritus Brian Caldwell says higher entry standards are needed for Australian teaching degrees, ABC Radio Melbourne, 24 September 2018.
- Interview about how Federal and State Education ministers will meet later this week to discuss their differences over the funding package for the Catholic and independent schools, Smooth FM 95.3, 24 September 2018.
- A study by Professor Emeritus Brian Caldwell suggests removing NAPLAN from curriculum could greatly improve trust between schools and the government, 4BC Brisbane, 24 September 2018.
- The author of a study comparing the way Australia's education system is run to top-performing countries overseas, says the role of the Federal Government should be reduced and less NAPLAn testing, Triple J Sydney, 24 September 2018.
- 'The growing concern that Australian students are being over-tested', ABC Radio Perth, 25 September 2018.
'University of Melbourne heads Australian universities in rankings', Melbourne Newsroom, 27 September 2018.
Professor Jan van Driel in 'Group of Eight leads the pack in research', The Australian, 27 September 2018.