Evaluation of an Online Men's Behaviour Change Program
Commissioned by: Violence Free Families
Research team: Anthea Rutter, Timoci O'Connor
Summary: The Centre for Program Evaluation (CPE) is undertaking an evaluation of an Online Men’s Behaviour Change Program (OMBCP) over a one year period. This OMBCP trial represents another strand in the attempt to prevent family violence. The key objective is to trial a men’s behaviour change program through a web-based medium. The program is intended for those men who find it difficult to attend a face-to-face session for a number of reasons (e.g., their geographical location or their line of work which may entail shift work).
School Health and Assessment Reporting Platform (SHARP)
Commissioned by: SEED, MGSE
Research team: Associate Professor Janet Clinton, Dr Jon Quach, Dr Dean Dudley, Timoci O’Connor, Ruth Aston, Cat Ho
Summary: The aim of this evaluation is to develop and examine whether an innovative classroom-based reporting system focused on integrating health literacy messages within teaching practice can improve children’s health and nutrition knowledge as well as physical activity behaviour.
Commissioned by: AITSL
Research team: Associate Professor Janet Clinton, Professor Stephen Dinham, Professor Robert Lingard, Dr Amy Gullickson, Dr Glenn Savage, Dr Ghislain Arbour, Dr Gerard Calnin, Ruth Aston, Anna Dabrowski
Summary: In collaboration with the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL), the Centre for Program Evaluation is currently conducting a three-year nationwide evaluation of the implementation of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. The focus of this Evaluation is not to re-evaluate the content of the Standards, but to assess the usefulness, effectiveness and impact of their implementation.
Evaluation of the Victorian Deaf Education Institute Real-Time Captioning Pilot Program
Commissioned by: Victorian Deaf Education Institute VDEI
Summary: The aim of this evaluation study was to evaluate the Real-Time Captioning program’s effectiveness in terms of academic and participatory outcomes for students. This evaluation project will assess the impact of the Real-Time Captioning programs currently being utilised for deaf/hard of hearing students within a number of Victorian government school classrooms.
The Independent Impact Assessment of the Trust Schools Program
Commissioned by: Yayasan AMIR Ltd and the Ministry of Education (Malaysia)
Summary: The purpose of this evaluation was to complete an Independent Impact Assessment of the Trust Schools Program (TSP). The TSP is a program delivered through a joint arrangement with the Ministry of Education and Yayasan AMIR (YA) to grant selected schools a greater level of autonomy and providing these schools with additional support and resources.
Evaluation Capacity Building Project – Philippines
Commissioned by: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
Research team: Associate Professor Janet Clinton, Dr Amy Gullickson, Sarah Appleton, Timoci O’Connor, Roy Ponce
Summary: The CPE has completed a contract with The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to develop and deliver an Evaluation Capacity Building (ECB) Project with the DFAT Manila post in the Philippines. The goal of the Project was to equip program management staff at AusAID Manila Post with the skills and knowledge to embed evaluative thinking and evidence into performance management, learning, and mutual accountability processes with the Government of Philippines and other partners.
Western Australia Department of Education (DoE)
Commissioned by: Western Australia Department of Education (DoE)
Research team: Associate Professor Janet Clinton, Professor John Hattie, Dr John Owen, Timoci O’Connor, Shelby Consulting – Heather Aquilina, Professor Rick Cummings, Dr Jocelyn Grace
Summary: The CPE in partnership with Shelby Consulting and Murdoch University completed an evaluation of the Independent Public Schools (IPS) initiative for the Western Australian Department of Education (DoE). The IPS initiative was designed to give greater control to individual schools and school boards, and to reduce bureaucracy within the WA public school system (DoE, 2011).
Heart of Carlton Program Evaluation
Commissioned by: Funded by a University of Melbourne Staff Engagement Project grant
Research team: Dr John Quay, Kathryn Cairns, Isabel Brookes
Summary: The CPE evaluated the Heart of Carlton program in Carlton, Melbourne, Australia. This program aimed to engage students in afterschool sports activities to increase their physical activity and awareness of healthy lifestyles while strengthening and promoting relationships within the Carlton community.
Commissioned by: GRM International Pty Ltd
Research team: Associate Professor Janet Clinton, Ruth Aston
Summary: Australia’s Education Partnership with Indonesia (EP) is currently the largest intervention funded by the Australian Government anywhere in the world. It is comprised of four contracts, the largest of which is School Systems and Quality (SSQ), managed by Cardno. Together with direct budget support funded by the European Union, the Education Partnership supports the Indonesian Government’s long-term strategy to strengthen and consolidate its national education system, with a particular focus on the current Indonesian five-year plan (2010 - 2014). This continues its support into the initial stages of the subsequent five-year plan (2015 - 2019). The partnership consolidates previous Australian Government interventions in the Indonesian education sector by strengthening their integration into government systems.
Evaluation of the Notschool Australia Pilot (NAP) Program
Commissioned by: Education Services Australia (ESA) and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR)
Research team: Associate Professor Janet Clinton, Timoci O’Connor, Ruth Aston, Jemima O’Callaghan
Summary: The CPE were contracted to undertake an evaluation of the Notschool Australia Pilot (NAP) program. The NAP program was an innovative education program designed to support the needs of severely disengaged youth in South Australia, Tasmania and Victoria. It aimed to re-engage youth in learning by providing a secure non-threatening environment, and provide a pathway into further education, training or work.
Evaluation of ‘Enhancing Emotional Literacy through Visual Arts’ Pilot Project
Commissioned by: The Dax Centre
Research team: Mr Brad Astbury, Ruth Aston
Summary: The CPE were contracted to undertake an independent evaluation of the Enhancing Emotional Literacy through Visual Arts (ELVA) initiative. The ELVA initiative was designed to address an important need: helping schools and teachers to support the development of student emotional literacy. The final report can be accessed from Research gate
An Evaluation of the Specialist Early Parenting Service Program Partnership (SEPS)
Commissioned by: Department of Human Services (DHS)
Research team: Associate Professor Rosalind Hurworth, Anthea Rutter
Summary: The purpose of this project was to provide a specialist early-parenting service for vulnerable families who have children aged 0-4 and who live in the municipalities of Hume and Moreland in Melbourne, Victoria. The purpose of this evaluation was to provide information about the linkages between Tweddle, the Hume Moreland Integrated Family Services Alliance (HMIFS) and the Department of Human Services (DHS); on the nature, role and level of formal relationships that exist between Tweddle, the HMIFS Alliance and DHS; and concerning the perceived benefits and transferability of partnerships.
- Evaluation of the psychosocial impact of a novel intervention that aims to reduce anxiety and aid coping in paediatric radiotherapy pathients by providing a short DVD about their treatment experience. Victorian Cancer Agency (VCA) Supportive Care Capacity Building Grant (2011). Administering Institution - Peter Maccallum Cancer Centre, Victoria. Collaborating Organisation - The University of Melbourne
- Review of the Future Farming Strategy Final Evaluation Plan (2011) for the Department of Primary Industries
- Provision of Expert Advice for the ATMs Evaluation Tender (2011) Department of Justice, Victoria
- Evaluation of Food for All (FFA) resources (2010) for VicHealth
- Assembling our Evidence Base (2010) for Life Education Australia
- LaTrobe University's School Partnership Program (2010) for La Trobe University, Victoria. (Undertaken by the Centre for Program Evaluation and Education Policy & Leadership.)
- Evaluation of the Southern Metropolitan Region Servicing Growing Communities Demonstration Project (2010) for the Department of Human Services, Victoria
- Evaluation of the Cunningham Dax Collection education and training programs (2010) for The Mental Health Research Institute of Victoria
- Review of Practice Change Evaluation Unit (2010) for the Department of Primary Industries, Victoria
- Evaluation of the Loddon Mallee Partnership (2010) for The Myer Foundation
- Evaluation of the Tarneit Demonstration Project operated by a partnership comprising the North & West Metropolitan Region, Department of Human Services, Wyndham City Council & ISIS Primary Care
- Inclusive Emergency Management with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities (CALD) Program (2009) for Emergency Management Australia
- Meta-Evaluation of Positive Ageing Projects (2009) for the Office of Senior Victorians in the Department of Planning and Community Development
- Transition to General Practice: an initial Assessment of the Attitudes and Expectations of International Medical Graduates (2009) for Peninsula Health
- Evaluation of Transition: A Positive Start to School Pilots (2009) for the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- Evaluation of the Starlight 'Club Ado' Program for Adolescents (2009)
- An Evaluation of the Enabling Nuclear Medicine Technologists Project (2009) for the NMT Association.
- An Evaluation of the Smith Family's Insurance Training Pilot (2009) for The Smith Family
- Education for the Over 80s in the Mornington Peninsula Shire: a Literature Synthesis and Responses from Older Resident (2009) for the Municipal Association of Victoria
- Evaluation of 'Schools of Quality' in Lao PDR (2009) for AusAID and UNICEF
- Evaluation of the 'Framing Marginal Art' ARC project (2008-09).
- Evaluation of The Smith Family's Learning for Life Scholarship Program
- Meta-Evaluation of the Office of Senior Victorians Positive Ageing Projects
- Evaluation of the Implementation of the natinal Bowel Cancer Screeing Program (NBCSP) Support Program for Victorian Divisions of General Practice
- Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for Internal Service Coordintion at Very Special Kids for Very Special Kids
- Evaluation of Phase One of the Challenging Student Behaviours Pilot Project for the Royal Children's Hospital Education Institute
- Evaluation Plan. Very Special Kids Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for Service Delivery
- Evaluation of the Cunningham Dax Collection education and Training Programs for The Mental health Research Institute of Victoria
- Evaluation of the Impact of Intervention on 'Families in Crisis' An Early Intervention Program Implemented by The Mirabel Foundation
- Review of the Steiner Stream Program at Footscray City Primary School
- "It'll change your life". An Evaluation of the Bright Futures Demonstration Project for Merri Outreach Support Service
Tele-education Project - Final Report, December 2000 (A collaboration between: Centre for Rural Mental Health, Bendigo Health Care Group, Mental Health Services, Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Centre for Program Evaluation, The University of Melbourne
- Program Logic Model Based Evaluation of the 4 Steps for Life Evaluation for the Metropolitan Ambulance Service, Victoria
- Evaluation of a Professional Development Program Designed to Support the Implementation of a New Integrated Support Services Model in Three Magistrates Courts in Victoria for the Courts & Program Development Unit, Department of Justice, Victoria
- Independent evaluation of the Royal Children's Hospital, Education Institute, Education Advisory Service for the Royal Children's Hospital
- Evaluation of the Youth Access Project for the National Gallery of Victoria
- Evaluation of the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) Vocational Pathways Projects for the Victorian Qualifications Authority
- Finding a way forward... An Evaluation of the Education Advisory Service for the Royal Children's Hospital's Education Institute
- Secondary Evaluation of the Primary Welfare Officer Initiative for the Office of School Education, Department of Education & Training
- Review of the Primary Welfare Officer Initiative Interim Guidelines & development of content for the Primary Welfare Officer Initiative Webpage for the Office of School Education, Department of Education and Training
- Evaluation of the Implementation of the Credit Matrix in the Gippsland Education Precinct for the Victorian Qualifications Authority (VQA)
- Evaluation of Phase 1 of the Primary Welfare Officer Initiative for the Department of Education and Training, Victoria.
- An Evaluation of the VCAL Pathways Development Pilot Projects: Pathways to TAFE and University. Case Study Report for the Victorian Qualifications Authority (VQA)
- Evaluation of the Royal Children's Hospital Education Institute's Back on Track Program: Preliminary Literature Review
- A Review of Teaching & Learning langauges other than English (LOTE) at Collingwood P-12 College: Planning for the Future for Collingwood College
- Australian Mental health Leadership Program Evaluation for the Centre for International Mental Health, The University of Melbourne
- Evaluation of the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) Pathway Development for the Victorian Qualifications Authority
- Evaluation of the Primary Mental Health and Early Intervention Initiative (PHEMI) for the Mental Health Branch of the Department of Human Services, Victoria. Vol 1 & Vol 2
- ARC Discovery - Project Grant with Monash University titled 'The identification and measurement of equity and other health sector objectives'
- Claratitive and Benchmarking of the Mental Health Services provided by Pomegranate House - Ballarat
- Domestic Violence Information Resource Centre Website review of 'burstingthebubble.com'
- ruMAD? Education Foundation evaluation
- Evaluation of the Carer Program at five psychiatric services for the Carer Links West Mental Health Team
- Evaluation of the Professional Supervision of Breast Care Nurses for the Community Resource Centre at Sunshine Hospital
- A survey of beliefs and understanding about an Early Childhood Curriculum Framework for the Australian Early Childhood Association Inc.
- Evaluation of Intersectoral Programs at Swinburne University, Victoria
- Evaluation of the Glemoriston Centre leadership pilot for the Department of Education and Training
- Evaluation study and report of the Trial of Methods of Assessing and Reporting Student Achievement of Key Competencies for the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
- A study of the transition of secondary school students to tertiary education in Victoria; for the Commonwealth Tertiary Education Commission
- Evaluation of the personal impact of receiving an Innovations Grant; for the Commonwealth Schools Commission.
- Analysis of survey data on youth employment opportunities in the Shire of Whittlesea; for the local Youth Education Advisory Committee.
- Evaluation of educational knowledge dissemination and a study of the effects of school structure on knowledge usage; for the Education Research and Development Committee.
- Evaluation of the implementation of the Schools Commission's Disadvantaged Schools Program in Victorian schools; for the Victorian Supplementary Grants Committee.
- Preparation and validation of tutor self evaluation strategies and materials; for the Council for Adult Education in Victoria.
- Evaluation of the Adult Secondary Assistance Scheme for adult students returning to complete their secondary education; for the Commonwealth Department of Education.
- Policy review and development project on the teaching of mathematics and science in pre-service courses for Primary Teachers; funded by the Commonwealth TEC.
- A study of vocational guidance provisions in secondary schools (jointly with the Department of Education, University of Melbourne); for the Commonwealth Department of Education.
- Evaluation of a trial implementation of Computer Managed Learning in Victorian TAFE colleges.
- A school-based survey of the destinations and attitudes of school leavers;funded by the Victorian Transition Education Advisory Committee.
- A study of innovative curriculum development in the field of youth culture (music); funded under the Participation and Equity Program and carried out for the Victorian Ministry of Education.
- A national evaluation of the implementation and impact ot the Participation and Equity Program in government and non-government schools and TAFE providers in all Australian states; for the Commonwealth Department of Education.
- a consultancy (literature review and secondary data analysis) to the Ministerial Working Group on Education for Science and Technology in Victoria.
- A study of the unmet demand for courses in colleges and universities in Victoria, including the development of an interest-based typology of fields of study; for the Victorian Post-Secondary Commission, the Victorian TAFE Board.
- Case studies of innovative secondary school programs in the Arts; funded by the Curriculum Development Centre.
- An interactive evaluation of the "Girls and Maths and Science Teaching Project" in Victoria.
- A national review of biology curriculum, teaching and the use of resources by teachers, including an evaluation of the "Web of Life" teaching materials; for the Australian Academy of Science.
- A study of a pre-pregnancy program conducted by the Richmond Community Health Centre.
- Consultancy to the Food Inquiry of the Regulation Review Unit of the Victorian Government.
- Evaluation of the Coordinated Areas Program for the Policy Division of the Victorian Ministry of Education.
- Evaluation of the Schools-TAFE Integrated Program; for the Moorabbin College of TAFE.
- "Critical friend" evaluation of the professional development program in Mathematics and Science for the Victorian Ministry of Education.
- A major national project providing research and administrative support for the Review of the Discipline of Accounting in Higher Education; for the Commonwealth Department of Employment, Education and Training.
- Evaluation a new program for State Enrolled Nurses; for the Health Department Victoria and the Melbourne School for Enrolled Nurses.
- Evaluation of the Job and Course Explorer, a computer based vocational information system, for several goverment departments in Victoria.
- Evaluation of school reorganisation in Victoria, for the Ministry of Education and Training.
- Evaluation of the adoption of notebook computers at a large private school in Melbourne.
- Development of evaluation guidelines for adult and further education.
- Evaluation of cluster policy for development of regional basic and adult education.
- Evaluation of an innovative leadership development program for Telecom.
- Development of program logic for family care service delivery.
- Evaluation of the Victorian-Industry Education Partnerships Forum for DEET.
- Analysis of the educational needs of older people in Victoria.
- Evaluation of a regional health promotion program, in conjunction with the National Centre for Health Program Evaluation, funded by the National Heart Foundation.
- Study of the effectiveness of the Victorian Certificate of Education assessment scheme for selection of students to the University of Melbourne.
- Evaluation of a harm minimization alcohol education program designed for secondary schools.
- Monitoring the of the Curriculum and Standards Framework, for the Board of Studies.
- Evaluation of the impact of local community action in rural Victoria.
- Analysis of a brokerage model of staff development in the area of disability services
- Review of the role of the nurse in secondary schools within the context of integrating human services
- Analysis of the impact of the products and services of the Australian Council for Educational Research
- Analysis of Year 12 curriculum provision in Victorian Government schools, for the Office of School Review, Department of Education in Victoria
- Evaluation of the National Early Psychosis Project, as part of the National Mental Health Strategy
- It's not just waiting for sick kids... A Design Evaluation of the Brunswick School Nurse Program
- Contribution to a national study of numeracy and literacy in primary schools funded by DEETYA
- Review and development of Evaluation Models for Community Crime Prevention, for the National Campaign Against Violence and Crime (with the Institute of Social Programme Evaluation, Murdoch University)
- A planning evaluation study, for Collingwood College
- Evaluation of the use of information technology at Melbourne Girls Grammar
- Development and review of a tailored professional development program in evaluation for the New Zealand branch of the Australasian Evaluation Society, in Wellington, New Zealand
- Review of the Web Skills program for the Office of Further Education and Training
- Evaluation of the ANZ 'HR Assist' for the ANZ Banking Group Ltd.
- Developmental and process evaluation of the Social Secutiry Case Management Pilot for the Commonwealth Administrative Appeals Tribunal Registry
- Hospital in the Home (HITH) Nurse study for North West Health, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Group interview consultation for public health research project - Hume & Moreland for the Department of Community Health, North West Health
- The Natural Resources and Environment Experience of the Frontline Management Initiative (FMI): An Evaluation for the Department of Natural Resources and the Environment (NRE)
- Consulting on Co-ordinator Care Trial for Health outcomes International
- Genetics Education for GPs in Victoria. A Needs Assessment (in consultation with the Royal Australian College of Practitioners)
- Evaluation of the South East Access to Allied Health Services Pilot Project a component of Commonwealth Government's "Better Outcomes in Mental Health Care" initiative
- A project which looked at how Clusters operate in the most effective ways for Adult, Community and Further Education Board (ACFEB)
- Evaluation of the Local Asthma Planning Tool Kit for Asthma Victoria
- The Banyule Nillumbik Primary Care Alliance (BNPCA) Hypertension Project - An Evaluation of the Consumer Reference Group
- Keep Alert! An Evaluation of the Alert Liaison Early Referral Team (ALERT) at St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne
- Review of the Pogo's Pledge CD ROM Prototype by ORGYEN Health