Before submitting an application, please make contact with an MGSE academic staff member to seek support for your visit. You can find staff via Find an Expert.
Applications are accepted any time of the year. However, we recommend applications be submitted at least six months before you intend to visit.
It is your responsibility to obtain an appropriate visa. Visa related processes can take several months. For further information, visit the Australian Government's Home Affairs website.
You will need to submit the following with your online application:
- a letter of endorsement from the Dean of your current institution, including a proposed program of activity, duration, contact details and the nominated MGSE academic host
- a letter or email from an MGSE academic host agreeing to host your visit
- a one to two-page proposal outlining your research project, planned collaboration with MGSE staff and any other activities intended for the visit (or research proposal outlining the topic, aims, sources of information and long-term prospects for research)
- a brief curriculum vitae including details of your academic employment, qualifications and publications
- transcripts of the most recent study completed (for early-career scholars)
- evidence of English language proficiency (from non-English-speaking institutions)
- any other additional documents you wish to add to support your application.
For further information refer to the Visiting Scholars Program policy.