Assessment and Assessment Systems
The Assessment Research Centre has a strong research culture, international reputation, and theoretical base in the development and use of assessment to improve teaching and learning.
The Assessment Research Centre develops assessment tools to assist teachers and education systems to accurately measure learning. Assessment development is based on the principles of educational measurement to assure fairness, reliability, and validity. The Centre regularly works with educators and education systems to support the implementation of best-practice use of assessment in classrooms. Evaluations and reviews of assessment, certification and recognition systems are also regularly conducted.
- Assessment and Learning Partnerships
- Assessment for Learning Tool
- Creative Problem Solving (for North Shore Coaching College)
- Evaluation and Review of Assessment Systems
- Formative Assessment
- General Ability, English and Mathematics Tests (for the North Shore Coaching College)
- Independent Review of the Validation of the Foundation Skills Assessment Tool
- Learning Creates Australia
- Literacy Assessment Project
- Program of Evaluation of External Assessment Trials (for the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority)
- Review of Large-Scale Assessments for use in the Philippines
- UNICEF: Feasibility Study on Microcertification for the ALS Program