The industry-funded Assessment Research Centre (ARC) is an academic enterprise unit specialising in valid assessment and recognition of complex competencies, and hard-to-assess learning. The centre's focus is on improving assessment, reporting, credentialing and warranting of learning in the industry through original research, consulting, publication, product development, teaching, training and commercialisation.
New Metrics for Success
A collaborative research venture between The University of Melbourne and selected forward-thinking schools to work in partnership to address the meta-problems faced by Australian schools today and in the future.
Webinar: Propelling education through a COVID-19 world
Episode 2 - Professor Sandra Milligan on: What skills and resources will students need to be agile and thrive, as they head into the world? What needs to be done now to fix a system where many students don’t get what they need to thrive?
Future-proofing students: What they need to know and how educators can assess and credential them
MGSE Industry Report By Enterprise Professor Sandra Milligan, Dr Rebekah Luo, Associate Professor Eeqbal Hassim & Jayne Johnston
Services and capabilities
- Development, testing and validation of testing and assessment tools and instruments, online, paper-based and multi-modal, in multiple languages
- Development of progressions and assessment matrices to support quality assessment of complex competencies
- Credentialing and certification of learning, including micro credentials
- Conduct of multinational, multi-year, multidisciplinary assessment surveys
- Provision of consulting, advisory and evaluation support for organisations innovating in their testing, assessment and recognition of learning strategy or approach
- Provision of modelling and technical support to support valid measurement of learning
- Curriculum, teaching and assessment integration
- Supervision of research higher degree students
- Professional learning for school-based staff and policy-makers