The Mathematics Education Group's research aims to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Our research encompasses a broad range of areas, including:
- algebraic thinking
- catering for students requiring additional support with mathematics
- international comparative studies in mathematics education
- lesson study
- numeracy for immigrant and refugee children
- online assessment of mathematical thinking (SMART tests)
- science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education
- students’ engagement in mathematics education
- students’ mathematical thinking, including decimals, fractions and algebra
- symbol use at the secondary-tertiary education interface
- teachers’ professional learning
- teachers’ professional statistical literacy
- technology in mathematics education: teaching, learning and assessment
- values and valuing in mathematics education.