Mathematics, Science & Technology Education Group advances knowledge of the teaching and learning of mathematics, science and technologies and enhances teacher capability in these areas.
We do this through:
- Providing high quality research-based education for all of those involved in the teaching of early childhood, primary and secondary school mathematics, through pre-service graduate courses and in-service professional learning programs.
- Supervising research higher degree candidates undertaking Master of Education, Doctor of Education and Doctor of Philosophy degrees.
- Conducting and publishing research locally and internationally.
- Contributing to the improvement of mathematics education by working with local schools, state and national education authorities, international bodies, professional associations and other national and international colleagues/researchers.
- Engaging with the wider society to promote the learning of mathematics and numeracy.