The only programs of their kind in Australasia, these courses will give you specialist evaluation skills that you can apply in your current field and beyond including the public sector, health, welfare, education, not-for-profit and research, with the flexible option of studying online.
Delivered by the Centre for Program Evaluation, these courses are taught by leading academics who bring with them a wealth of experience across sectors and continents.
- A four-year undergraduate degree; or
- A postgraduate qualification; or
- An undergraduate degree with at least three years of documented relevant work experience.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement outlining relevant prior study, work experience and why they wish to be considered for the course
All students must meet English language requirements.
Graduate Certificate in Evaluation
- Course code: GC-EVAL
- Six months full-time or 12 months part-time
- 50 points of coursework (two compulsory 12.5 point subjects, two elective 12.5 point subjects)
- University Handbook (GC-EVAL) provides course and subject details.
Master of Evaluation: Coursework
- Course code: MC-EVAL
- One year full-time or two years part-time
- 100 points of coursework (four compulsory 12.5 point subjects, four elective 12.5 point subjects - one of which must be in research methods)
- University Handbook (MC-EVAL) provides course and subject details.
Master of Evaluation: Research
- Course code: MR-EVAL
- The Master of Evaluation – Research is available for those who wish to contribute to the field of evaluation through research, which provides a stepping stone into a PhD or DEd. To find out more visit: University Handbook (MR-EVAL)
These courses enable you to:
- demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of evaluation theory and practice
- make effective use of evaluation literature and research
- apply understandings of evaluation theory and methods to a range of professional settings
- demonstrate an appreciation of professional responsibilities and ethical principles that should characterise leaders in the evaluation field.
With a passion for evaluation, I jumped at the chance to get a formal qualification in this field. It provided me with a solid grounding in the theories and best practice underpinning what we do in evaluation. This course allowed me to develop my skillset as an evaluator and make valuable linkages to a network of like-minded practitioners.
- Online only, or
- Combined online and on-campus at Parkville.
- Subjects are delivered in four 8-week terms per year.
|Fees||C'wealth Supported Place||Australian Fee Place||Research Training Scheme Place||International Fee Place|
|Masters - Coursework|
|Masters - Research|
Learn more about Financial support