Gain a strong foundation in education practice and theory with our Master of Education degree. Delve into contemporary education issues, connect with the latest developments in the field, and garner the expertise to move beyond the classroom.
With a flexible course structure, featuring nine specialisations and extra electives, you can pursue your own interests and further your specialist teaching practice. Commonwealth Supported Places are available for all eligible domestic students and advanced standing is available to qualified educators who wish to fast-track their studies.
- Arts Education
- Assessment and Pedagogy
- Equity, Diversity and Social Change
- Leadership and Management
- Literacy Education
- Mathematics Education
- Policy in a Global Context
- Science Education
- Student Wellbeing
The Master of Education offers professional learning for educators in a broad range of fields, including early childhood, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational and adult.
It’s designed for professionals who already hold, or seek to move into:
- Leadership and/or management positions within educational and professional settings
- Policy making roles and responsibilities within government and non-government organisations
- Specialist and coordination positions
- Professional development/capacity building positions in educational, workplace and or community settings
- Other education and training settings.
Please note that the Master of Education is not a teaching qualification.
In this course you will:
- Develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of educational theory and practice in specialised areas of education
- Be exposed to the latest research that is driving change to policy and practice in educational settings world-wide.
- Advanced standing of up to 100 credit points of the 200 credit point degree will be granted to applicants who have either:
- A four-year education degree, or equivalent, or
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline and at least 50 credit points, or equivalent, of graduate study in education.
- Students interested in completing a thesis are encouraged to apply for the Master of Education - Research. Graduates from this program are eligible to apply for entry to the Doctor of Education program or a PhD.
I found that study actually reinvigorated me in my passion for my work. It allowed me to focus on different aspects of schools and education with fresh eyes, and I was more aware of the ways in which I can positively impact my colleagues and students in my day to day work.