Global Studies in Education
There will be no intake for this course in 2017.
The Master of Global Studies in Education takes a global approach to education - with a focus on Asia.
Global processes are transforming the requirements of work and the labour market, socio-political arrangements, and cultural practices and identities. New ways of approaching education and training are now required.
In the Master of Global Studies in Education you will examine the complex ways in which the world is becoming globally interconnected and interdependent, and consider how this is affecting education policies, governance and practices. You will also explore options for responding to the global changes that affect us all.
- An undergraduate degree and a fourth-year level education qualification, or equivalent, or
- A four-year education degree, or equivalent.
All students must meet English language requirements.
- Course code: MC-GLBSTED
- 2 years part-time
- 100 points of coursework, comprising 3 x 25 point subjects and 1 x 25 point research capstone subject.
Within the context of emerging theories on globalisation, core subjects will focus on:
- identity, culture and citizenship in transnational settings
- national and global policy trends in education
- emerging education reforms in the Asia-Pacific region.
Students will also conduct a small-scale research project into education and global change.
For detailed course and subject information, see the University Handbook: Master of Global Studies in Education.
This course will enable you to:
- develop a critical understanding of global changes and their impact on education policy and practice
- explore key theoretical debates about globalisation, citizenship and education
- acquire a range of resources for internationalising curriculum and pedagogy
- enhance your skills and capabilities to work in culturally diverse global settings
- explore recent reforms in education in the Asia-Pacific region
- develop, implement and report on a minor research project dealing with issues of international education.
Online only, with weekly evening webinars.
|Fees||C'wealth Supported Place||Australian Fee Place||International Fee Place|
Learn more about financial support.