Become a Teacher
The Master of Teaching is for graduates from any discipline who want to become teachers.
Our innovative curriculum brings together theory and practice in a way that will give you powerful insights into children and young people, and how they learn.
We are the only teaching degree in Australia to use a genuine clinical framework:
- You will develop the skills to assess and diagnose students’ individual learning needs, and to work with learners of all abilities in a group environment
- You spend two days per week in a school or early childhood centre from early in your studies, and are closely supported throughout your school experience. This means you can connect what you learn at university, with what you learn in school (in a similar way to trainee doctors or nurses in a training hospital), OR
- You can now undertake an employment-based pathway (Secondary only) and earn a salary while completing your degree. With a strong support network behind you, you’ll be able to apply what you learn in our classrooms straight into your own.
- feel very well prepared for teaching
- are highly sought after by schools and early childhood services.
Explore our Master of Teaching programs
The course covers children aged 0-8 years, reflecting the Victorian Government's early childhood strategy.
Will qualify you to teach across all primary years as a generalist teacher, with specialist knowledge in literacy and numeracy education.
Prepares you to be a highly effective teacher in your discipline.
In the Master of Teaching (Secondary) Internship you get paid to teach in a secondary school while completing your teaching degree.