Centre for Program Evaluation
The Centre for Program Evaluation (CPE) is a transdisciplinary evaluation and research centre that over the past 30 years has undertaken evaluations and research projects for government departments, non-government organisations and community-based agencies across a wide range of policy and program areas but particularly in the areas of education, health, social wellbeing and international community development.
The objectives of the CPE are to:
- teach and coordinate graduate courses in evaluation and teaching research methods in the school
- act as a thought leader for the practice and theory of evaluation
- undertake research and commissioned program evaluations on a consultancy basis across a wide range of policy and program areas
During the past 30 years, CPE has undertaken evaluation consultancy work for government departments, non-government organisations and community-based agencies, across a wide range of policy and program areas.
The design and conduct of all evaluation work carried out by CPE is undertaken by a team of highly qualified and experienced research personnel. All evaluation services conducted by CPE staff include evaluation approaches and methods that reflect current theoretical knowledge and best practice in the field. Staff members are skilled in the use of widely known, as well as current, emerging and innovative evaluation theory, techniques, and practice, all of which aim to enhance client and stakeholder collaboration and increase the utilisation of evaluation findings.
Examples of evaluation services facilitated by CPE staff include:
- Formative, summative and process evaluations
- Survey systems
- Needs assessment
- Cost benefit and effectiveness
- Systematic review and meta analysis
- Clarification of program theory and causality
- Design of monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Review of program/project effectiveness, including the contribution made towards achieving objectives and immediate and longer term outcomes
- Impact assessment
- Identification of key areas for policy development and strategies to enhance program design and delivery
- Meta evaluation
- Evaluation of programs with complex multi-level administrative arrangements
- Systems evaluation
- Archival information systems development
More about CPE
Discover our experts, who provide supervision for Masters and PhD students. View professional and academic staff profiles for a detailed look at expertise and interests, as well as contact information.
Explore our current research and consultancy team projects. Research projects include evaluations of outreach programs and providing evaluation services.
Learn about courses and subjects offered through us including current and past graduate students.
Read and download an array of publication materials including books, book chapters, journal articles, reports and other publications.
The International Teacher Education Effectiveness Research Hub (iTEERH) is a collaboration of staff and partners to investigate an evidence based approach to the evaluation of effective teacher education. The hub will provide rigorous science and measurement to the improvement of teaching training. These include Teacher Capability Assessment Tool (TCAT) and Visible Classroom tools.