The Melbourne Graduate School of Education's Mathematics Education Group advances knowledge of the teaching and learning of mathematics.
We do this through:
- providing high quality research-based education for all of those involved in the teaching of early childhood, primary and secondary school mathematics, through pre-service graduate courses and in-service professional learning programs
- supervising research higher degree candidates undertaking Master of Education, Doctor of Education and Doctor of Philosophy degrees
- conducting and publishing research locally and internationally
- contributing to the improvement of mathematics education by working with local schools, state and national education authorities, international bodies, professional associations and other national and international colleagues/researchers
- engaging with the wider society to promote the learning of mathematics and numeracy.
More about mathematics education
Our research aims to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics.
We are involved in the teaching of a range of courses to enable teachers and educators to update their qualifications, expand their knowledge and bring them to the forefront of international mathematics education research.
We have a long history of working with school systems, schools and professional bodies to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics.
Our experts teach mathematics education subjects, supervise research higher degree students, and conduct their own original and groundbreaking research.
For more information on the Maths Education Group, contact us at email@example.com.